Pupil / Sport Premium
The Pupil Premium was introduced by the Government in April 2011. It is a payment allocated additionally to schools, specifically designed to help support children from families on lower incomes whose children have, at any point within the past six years, been eligible for free school meals (FSM).
The money is spent in school to help promote the educational wellbeing and outcomes for children. It is funding that the Government intends to be used to address some of the underlying inequalities that exist for disadvantaged children.
Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit as it is considered that they are the people best placed to assess what additional provision may be required for individual pupils. However, we are required to publish how our school specifically uses this funding. The allocations are based on a rate of £1,300 for every primary pupil who is currently eligible for free school meals (FSM) or has been eligible for FSM in the past 6 years (FSM ‘Ever 6’).
At Epping Upland we use the money in the following ways:
• To help fund the salary of our SEAL (Social, Emotional Aspects of Learning) TA.
• To provide individualised programmes that fit with what an individual child may require to support all aspects of their learning.
• To help fund the salary of a sports coach who specifically works on a Sports SEAL programme with identified pupils.
• To contribute towards costs for identified pupils in transporting them to sessions such as and trampolining sessions.
• To pay for places for identified pupils to attend charged after school clubs (Football, Multi Skills, Rock and Pop)
• To contribute towards EFR LDG (Epping Forest Rural Local Delivery Group) which is a collaboration of local schools that work in partnership to enable the joint purchase of a Relate Counsellor and Home School Support Worker that then support identified pupils in their individual school.
• To help subsidise the cost of school uniform for affected families
• To subsidise trips for identified pupil
Educational needs coordinator:
Epping Upland C. of E. Primary School,
Carters Lane, Epping Green, CM16 6QJ
Should you need to speak to a member of staff please contact Mrs Manning or Mrs Farrell on the following number 01992 572087.
Should you require a paper copy of any policy document these are available free of charge on request