The children are organised predominantly by age into classes and receive most of the teaching from their own class teacher.
- Year R is known as Foundation Stage.
- Y1, Y2, are known as Key Stage One (KS1)
- Y3, Y4, Y5, Y6 are known as Key Stage Two (KS2)
In a Primary School there are seven Year Groups:
- Reception –Sparrow Class
- Year 1 – Y1: Robin Class
- Year 2 – Y2: Chaffinch Class
- Year 3 – Y3: Starling Class
- Year 4 – Y4: Woodpecker Class
- Year 5 – Y5: Blackbird Class
- Year 6 – Y6: Owl Class