Open Mornings for Reception intake, September 2024.
We will be holding open mornings and afternoons on the following dates.
Wednesday 8th November at 9.30am
Thursday 16th November at 9.30am
Monday 20th November at 1.30pm
Thursday 23rd November at 9.30am
Booking is required.
Please contact the school office on 01992 572087
or alternatively, send an email to [email protected]
Determined Admissions Arrangements
Published Admission Number: 30
All Children are admitted full-time in the September following their fourth birthday. However, parents can request that their child attends part-time until the child reaches compulsory school age.
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children (as defined below)
- Children with a sibling* attending the school.
- Children living within the priority admission area of Epping Upland C of E Primary School.
- Children living within the priority admission areas of Coopersale and Theydon Garnon CE, Epping, Ivy Chimneys and Theydon Bois Primary Schools.
- Remaining applicants.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.
Looked After Children
A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order will be given first priority in oversubscription criteria ahead of all other applicants in accordance with the Schools Admission Code 2012. A looked after child is a child who is:
- in the care of the local authority, or
- being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (as defined in Section 22 (1) of the Children Act 1989).
For applications made in the normal admission round a relevant sibling is a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother of sister or stepbrother or stepsister living in the same family unit in the same family household and address who attends the preferred school or partner school in any year group excluding the final year. Biological siblings who attend the preferred school in any year group excluding the final year will also be treated as siblings irrespective of place of residence. Children residing in the same household as part of an extended family, such as cousins, will not be treated as siblings.
For any other queries concerning Admissions please visit the Essex Education School Admissions website.
Please follow the links below, to read our Appeals Timetable and Admission Arrangements for 2022/2023.
Mid-year application for a primary, infant or junior school place
Please do not use this form to apply for a Reception or Year 3 Junior School place for next September as these applications should be made via Essex County Council
Important information before you apply
What is this form for?
You should use this form to apply for a place at our School
A separate form is required for each child.
When should I apply?
- Applications for transfer at the start of the next academic year or the next term will not be dealt with until the half term prior to the requested admission date.
- Applications received too early will be returned and you will need to re-apply at a later date.
- We cannot accept an application for Spring term (January) until the preceding Autumn half term holiday i.e. October.
- We cannot accept an application for Summer term (Easter) until the Spring half term holiday i.e. February.
- We cannot accept an application for Autumn term (September) until the Summer half term holiday i.e. end of May.
- If you have just moved into the area and your child is without a school place please note that your application will be dealt with within 15 school days. Evidence of your new address will be required in the form of either a signed tenancy agreement / exchange of contracts / council tax or driving licence.
- If you apply shortly before or during a school holiday a decision may not be given until the school has re-opened.
Admission of children living overseas
You may apply for a place when you have moved to the UK. Please return at this stage and we will be able to process your application.
Should you require an application form in paper format, please contact the School Office.